Industry Insights for Energy Companies
Energy providers, portfolio managers, energy traders and industry analysts rely on advice from world-renowned AER scientists and meteorologists to proactively manage investments and operations based on weather predictions and exploit business opportunities related to climate scenarios.
|Focus||Key Issues/Questions Addressed|
|Weather Risk Management
- How can we profit from weather and environmental risk?
- How is weather impacting the energy sector?
- Are there ways to link business results to key weather metrics?
||Short-range predictions enable energy companies to adjust business strategies and manage risk proactively.
Long-range and seasonal predictions shape year-ahead business strategies and risk management scenarios.
- How will a forecast of cold or hot weather or severe storms over the next 1 to 15 days affect our business?
- Given last year’s weather forecast, how will this year’s predictions of heating degree days (HDDs) or cooling degree days (CDDs) affect our business?
- What will be the direction and relative magnitude of the weather trends next year?
- How will this winter’s forecast affect the performance and profitability of our business?
|Climate Change Risk Assessment
||Climate change assessment shapes risk management and business strategies over the long term (5 to 20 years).
- How will the projected change in climate impact our business strategy and profitability?