With great pleasure, I want to thank our co founder, President and CEO, Cecilia Sze, for 35 years of service; and going forward, she is our SVP of Finance and Administration. Last week I assumed the role of President and CEO.
AER is Changing and Growing
AER’s science and business leaders are providing our traditional customers and partners with exceptional environmental R&D, and our expanded commercial clients with new innovations in weather risk management and analytics. You may know several individuals we promoted to new leadership positions:
- Dr. Guy Seeley to Executive VP managing our technical groups;
- David Hogan to CTO;
- Dr. Hilary ("Ned") Snell to Program Manager and VP of our GOES R Division;
- Kyle Beatty, CCM, to VP of the Business Solutions Division;
- Dr. Robert ("Bob") Morris joined as VP of Space Weather and Principal Scientist, following a distinguished career with the Air Force Research Laboratories leading ground-breaking environmental development programs of national significance.
In the past year, we introduced solutions used by insurance, energy, financial and manufacturing firms to anticipate and manage risks related to weather and the environment.
- Solar Forecast powered by our Solance™ technology.
- Seasonal Forecast of temperature for heating and cooling demand analysis, enhanced with new Snow Index
- AER Respond™ natural hazard analysis service for hail, winds and hurricane, that reduces loss adjustment expense and cycle times for claims management and catastrophe response.
It's been an exciting year at AER and we hope you'll take a moment to stop by one of our technical presentations at AMS in January, or contact us directly.