Scientists from AER are contributing 11 presentations and posters at the American Meteorological Society (AMS) Annual Meeting, January 23-26, 2012, in New Orleans, LA, USA.
Research topic areas addressed by our presentations throughout the 5-day event cover:
- Land surface: evaporation, inundation and temperature
- Wind: tropical cyclone diagnostics and 30-year wind climatology
- Winter forecast: improvements using a new snow index for predicting the Arctic Oscillation (AO)
- Aerosol modeling
- Angular momentum predictions using coupled climate models
- GOES-R satellite: software algorithms, software design and testing performance.
View the full schedule of AER research presentations at AMS Annual Meeting.