Scientific publisher IOP Publishing just congratulated AER that our research is the 2nd most downloaded article this year from IOP Journal!
‘Arctic warming, increasing snow cover and widespread boreal cooling’ by AER authors Dr. Judah Cohen, Dr. Jason Furtado and others, was published in January 2012, and in just 4 weeks is the second most downloaded paper from IOP Journal with 3,400 downloads plus media stories in 12 countries.
You can read many of these news stories about the science and how it helps improve the accuracy of winter predictions in AER In-the-News. Highlights include:
- Cold Winters tied to Arctic summers, study says; MSNBC
- Aquecimento é causa de invernos severos no Norte; O Globo
- Warmer summers may be causing colder winters; CTV News
- Warming Arctic May Be Causing Cooler Winters In Eastern U.S., Europe; Oregon Public Broadcasting
- Weatherwatch: Winters in northern hemisphere set to get colder; The Gaurdian
- Why global warming means... more snow, Financial Times
- Press release by IOP Publishing about this peer-reviewed article in Environmental Research Letters authored by scientists at Atmospheric and Environmental Research Inc., (AER)